Water stewardship goes beyond conservation. It also means being smart about how we use water and building more efficient systems. Our members are leading the way in developing innovative approaches to water efficiency.
- Water reuse is a priority for the region. Inverness and Meridian are among the earliest adopters of water reuse in Colorado. They reuse 100 percent of their water with zero discharge. South Metro providers consider water reuse a priority and are making progress in this effort with most approaching full reuse of their reusable water supplies.
- The Chatfield reallocation project will significantly increase the reuse capability of Centennial, Castle Rock, Castle Pines and Castle Pines North.
- Castle Rock recently completed a state-of-the-art water treatment plant allowing them to access their reusable water supplies.
- Sterling Ranch is conducting the state’s first rainwater harvesting pilot study.
- Douglas County is working on graywater regulations in hopes of allowing homes on domestic wells the ability to install graywater systems for outdoor irrigation.